Welcome to the home page of The Mat-Valley Kitties & Puppies Rescue Group Web Site!Mat Valley Kitties & Puppies Rescue is a volunteer-run organization that find homes for cats and kittens in the Mat-Su Borough and portions of the Anchorage area. It depends on the aid of volunteers and donations to do this important rescue work. It receives no government funding.
Above are links to direct you around the site to view cats and information about us. For any questions and inquiries, please call Susan Helmericks (founder and owner)at (907)841-7711, Or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in rescue animals and helping reduce the over population of pets in Alaska!
Please Note: We can take a limited number of animasl. If we cannot help you, please see the Adopt A Friend home page for other rescue groups.
Many of the rescued animals that come through the Mat Valley Kitties and Puppies Rescue require a lot of time and attention before they are adoption ready. We want to make sure you have a happy and healthy life long companion!
This video is of a kitten without a momma being hand fed.
If you would like more information on how to help, adopt, or donate to helping rescue animals please contact Susan at 907-841-7711.
Tipsy was born with a neurological condition where she falls over. She hopped to get where she wanted to go as a kitten. She has learned to slide her head down the cupboard to hold her head still to drink and not get all wet.
The owner who has had her 10-12 years felt she didn't have enough time for Tipsy.
Tipsy has had to have all her teeth removed due to mouth issues and is still having a lot of pain in her mouth. We are not sure what the problem is? She needs constant medical attention.
If you want to know more to help Tipsy..
Contact Susan at 907-841-7711
Notice of Policies
• All pets adopted through Mat Valley Kitties & Puppies must be spayed or neutered between 4 and 6 months of age. Proof of altering must be sent to us. This is critical to reduce animal overpopulation.
• Mat Valley Kitties & Puppies cannot guarantee the health of the animals it places. Most pets have been fostered for a period of observation and any known conditions or ailments would have been treated. We maintain shot records on animals that have been fostered. Prospective adoptive families will be advised of any known conditions.
• Some of the pets are microchipped. It is the adoptive families' responsibility to submit the necessary paperwork.
• There is a fee to adopt. The fee helps cover some of the cost of caring for animals, most of which need veterinary care. Most need vaccinations, some need medicines and all need food and litter. The adoption fee you pay helps perpetuate this charitable work. Adoption fees are based on age of the feline, type of cat and special circumstances.
• If you are unhappy with an adopted animal, you may return the animal to Mat Valley Kitties & Puppies within 10 days for credit toward another animal. No full cash refunds are offered. Those returning an adoptive cat for cash will receive half of the adoption fee.
• If for any reason at any time you cannot keep your pet, you are obligated to contact Mat Valley Kitties and Puppies. The animal is not to be taken to any publicly run animal control facility. Mat Valley Kitties and Puppies must be advised before any change in placement.
• We reserve the right to refuse to adopt any pet to anyone. Our first concern is the health, safety and contentment of the pet.
For more information, see the Mat Valley Kitties and Puppies Rescue Adoption Process Page.